Roa Island Boating Club

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:47 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: section 4.1
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:51 pm 

Quote:
But only a water-skier could think they weren't anti social and dangerous to others.
And yes it is classed as a sport but so is motorcycling and you wouldn't want me screaming round and round your front street on my bike just because its classed as a sport.

Every single water skier in the channel is breaking the law, that's not the minority

thats a very bigotted prehistoric view to claim water-skiers are all law breakers!
Quote:
Ive had fishermen motor right under my bow when sailing, and had to take avoiding action to miss sinking them, so what, stuff happens
so what,stuff happens?? that's a very disturbing attitude to have where safety is involved!!
as i have said before education not exclusion is the way forward! i'm sure most of the members of our club have water-skied at sometime so by inviting water-skiers and pwc users to join the club we can educate them on the rules of the road and if they still don't comply we send them packing :D
with the extra membership funds they bring RYA training courses could be set up which would be a benefit to members old and new, ask any child what he would rather do sail or ride a jetski? i know what majority would say. so if we want the club to keep going for another 50 years we need to appeal to the younger generation and not just be an elephants graveyard.

commodore thanks again for raising the issue and trying to bring the club upto date :D :D :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:17 am 

Jesus what is it with you?. Why is it a bigoted prehistoric view to point out water-skiers in the channel are all breaking the law! If you are breaking the law you are breaking the law. We have a law, you break it, that's what breaking the law means. Do you really not understand that. Why is it a bigoted prehistoric view to point that out. [b]You break the law, that brings the club into disrepute.

The club will keep going without jetskis, its managed without them for over fifty years and it will manage for another fifty. Just like every other club has done and will continue do.

Do you find it so hard to understand that you are banned from doing it from every club every where.
There is a really good reason for this, its because you are not wanted, anywhere.
If you can find a club that allows Jetskis etc let us know and please feel free to join it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:36 am 

whoa there!! :o :o have you got your head so far up somewhere that the sun don't shine that you can't see a wind up going on when its right in front of you :lol: :lol: :lol:
the commodore is raising the question at the agm it will probably get binned and thats the end of that, so lets not get our sails in a twist and move on :D :D :D