Roa Island Boating Club

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Plans for the club
PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 8:51 am 

At last nights committee meeting it was proposed that we put together a medium/long term plan for improvements/alterations for the club. I have agreed to be the point of contact for this so if you have any suggestions please let me know either here or by email. We are thinking initially of a 5 year plan and once in place hopefully getting assistance in carrying it out with some grants. Just to get it going a few of ideas already muted are to increase the hight of the finger jetty, get it properly surfaced and maybe even have a floating jetty on one side of it, have a slipway made on the eastern side at the entrance to the triangle of land there, increase the number of power sockets around the berths and fit pay meters to these sockets.
These are just a few ideas some will happen probably some will not but i would like to hear from as many people as possible.
Steve

Post subject: Re: Plans for the club
PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:42 pm 

could i suggest sorting out moorings? existing ones and also ones that haven't been used for sometime. there seems to be a real problem putting a mooring down without treading on someones toes(or mooring) surely some sort of mooring survey could be done to clear up the mooring stuation :?:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 5:28 pm 

reelme wrote:
could i suggest sorting out moorings? existing ones and also ones that haven't been used for sometime. there seems to be a real problem putting a mooring down without treading on someones toes(or mooring) surely some sort of mooring survey could be done to clear up the mooring stuation :?:

I agree. identifying "club" moorings would be a good place to start. Some bouys do have identification but many do not. I will raise the subject at the next committee meeting.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 10:06 pm 

what are the latest plans for the club? why not update the the club news section after every committee meeting ?are ther any plans for making the pier a bit more user friendly? also as we are a boating club and open to all forms of water borne craft i.e yachts ,boats ,dinghies and windsurfers...why are PWC's(jetskis) not allowed? surely with the growing number of pwc's now in use, rather than alienating them why not encourage them to join and use all the facilities and possibly educate them in the etiquette the boating fraternity adhere to? my experience of the pwc users i have encountered has been very positive with them slowing down around tenders and keeping well clear of people launching and recovering boats and also parking their trailers and cars in the designated places and not on slipways.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:14 am 

Reelme wrote,
Quote:
what are the latest plans for the club? why not update the the club news section after every committee meeting ?

I agree with Reelme. waiting for the updates of the club.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:08 am 

I thought a decision was taken at a committee meeting last year to display the minutes of the last meeting on the notice board in the foyer. Perhaps as not everybody goes into the clubhouse on a regular basis the minutes (or highlights from them) could be posted onto the website somewhere. I think this facility is underused, and putting the minutes up might get more members involved.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:10 am 

The committee have taken note of the comments on this forum and discussed them last night. It is not felt that publishing the minutes of each meeting on an open website would be right and proper but we will continue to post the most recently approved minutes on the notice board in the clubhouse.

Work to improve the finger jetty has been considered in the past and we have had estimates to carry out the work; at the present time the cost is prohibitive. If I can find someone with the time and interest to apply for grant funding this project would come to the fore.

We have agreed to renevate the slipway on the east shore opposite the main gate to improve access.

The club has an open policy regarding applications for membership so a PWC users application would be considered like anyone else - to my knowledge we have not had one.

There is still a vacancy on the committee so if anyone would like to take this up please get in contact with myself or anyone else on the committee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 10:09 pm 

hello all
i know there has been mention in the past of putting a boarding jetty next to the slipway well maybe this outfit http://northernpontoon.com/ could supply something to suit short term and if its suitable maybe we could install something long term?? just a thought :idea: :idea: