Roa Island Boating Club

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 2011 AGM
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:35 am 

I attended the AGM on wed and was absolutely disgusted with the manners and conduct of some members during the meeting. There appears to be a devisive minority in the club who are hell bent on trying to discredit the hard work the council and officers of the club are carrying out on our behalf. What we need to understand is that they are doing this voluntarily for ALL OF US. Not one person stood up and thanked them for this at the meeting.................
I would therefor like to take this opportunity of thanking them all on behalf of the club. After all you people voted for them.
I personnally think that you have a fantastic club and facility at RIBC, so get on and enjoy it and lets stop all this bickering, get behind your committee, and if you want to see changes in the day to day running, then lobby a committee member, our write to them with any issues you may have. An AGM is niether the time nor place to get bogged down in petty or day to day issues of the running of the club, it is for major policy changes and election of new officiers and the summary of the accounts presented to Companies House. You do also have the opportunity of putting a subject for consideration on the agenda, but do so under the appropriate proceedure established.
Just remember this is a hobby after all.............
Ian

Post subject: Re: 2011 AGM
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 4:17 pm 

Thank you for comments Ian. they are much appreciated.

Yes we are a sailing club. Along with this is the social side. Sailing = socializing they go hand in hand.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 11:07 am 

my feelings exactly. too many people happy to critise and sit on their backsides and do nothing. 3 of the people have been on the commitee and either didnt turn up at all or faded out following arguments

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 12:17 pm 

Thanks Ian
A good thing well said. It appears that those who don't do maon the most.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 12:35 pm 

Unfortunately I could not attend the AGM.

However I have been told by sevearal people that were several vociferous moans about the Stewardess who wasn't there to defend herself.

I was present at the AGM when proposal to hire a Steward/stewardess for the bar was debated and voted for. I was voted against the motion.

Since then I have reversed my opinion, the bar is well run, there is always a welcoming friendly smile from behind the bar on arrival and the service has been extended.

Unfortunatey we lost Betty and as a volunteer she was irreplaceable but the present team come very near. Also there have been several social functions which would not have occurred, including the Annual Dinner, without the current team. I don't know what the stewardess's remuneration is( and don't want to know), but it's a fair bet we are getting very good return on the cost.

Therefore I agree wholeheartedly with Ian Poss.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:08 am 

hello i would like to add my support for the bar staff, who i find are excellent and have definetly brought a breath of fresh air to the club, its a pity that this attitude isn't displayed by all members! we should be encouraging all Boaters to come and take advantage of all our facilities and getting more fresh Boaters to join the club to bring it upto date with what modern boaters want. i.e friendly sociable surroundings where ALL water bourne users can relax!
well thats my and my wifes opinion.
so well done to the bar staff and keep up the excellent work at our Boating Club :D :D